Roofing Specialists in Northern VA since 1991
Here at Metropolitan Contractors, we have over 25 years of experience completing roofing repairs and replacements for homeowners and businesses in Fairfax, Centreville, Alexandria, and the surrounding areas throughout northern Virginia. We can repair all kinds of damage, whether it was caused by a fallen tree, hail, high winds, or just normal wear and tear. If your shingles are looking a little worse for wear and you need replacement roofing services, we can handle that too!
Our contractors work with asphalt, fiberglass, and cedar shake roofing. We can assist you in deciding the right color, material, wind classification, and price for your new roof. Certainteed, Tamco, and GAF are major brands that we primarily work with, but we are happy to work with whatever brand you prefer.
How Often Should My Shingles Be Replaced?
Usually you can predict the life span of your roof by what kind of material your shingles are made of. Assuming that your roof hasn’t been damaged by external forces, you can expect composite or asphalt shingles to last about 20 years, while shake roofing generally lasts about 30 years on average.
Roof Replacement Warning Signs
While roof replacement can be an expensive project, it can be detrimental to the structural integrity of your home if a worn out roof is not dealt with properly and efficiently. Our helpful team here at Metropolitan Contractors are happy to assess the condition of your roof, and point out any warning signs to you. Depending on the severity of these warning signs, we can provide you with a replacement quote and let you know how urgent it is that you have your roof replaced.
- Shingles Missing From Valleys: If you notice that shingles are missing from your valleys then you may be at risk for water leaks. Valleys are the pathways that rain and snow travel through to get to your gutters.
- Bald Patches: If you see areas of your roof that are missing shingles then you may need someone to make sure the tabs holding the shingles in are intact.
- Shingle Material In Your Gutters: Finding shingle debris in your gutters is a main indicator that your roof has reached it life expectancy and needs replacement.
- Sunlight Coming Through Roof Boards: If you can see outside through the inside of your roof then you are at a major risk for water damage and should call us immediately.
- Curling Shingles: This is another warning sign that your roof has reached its limit and needs to be replaced.
If you’ve noticed any of these issues on your roof, give us a call today at (703) 591-2830, and one of our friendly contractors will schedule a time to come by and provide you with a quote.