Roofing in Fairfax VA since 1991
You can trust Metropolitan Contractors to put a roof over your head because we have conducted thousands of roofing repairs and replacements over the past 20 years. We can repair any roof damage caused by hail or a fallen tree. Our team also has the experience for replacement roofing projects – for those shingles that have lost their youthful luster.
Our contractors work with asphalt, fiberglass, and cedar shake roofing. We can assist you in deciding the right color, material, wind classification, and price for your new roof. Certainteed, Tamco, and GAF are major brands that we primarily work with, but that doesn’t mean you have to select any of these three brands.
How Often Should My Shingles Be Replaced?
Unless your roof has been damaged by a fallen object – the life time of a roof is dependent on the material. If you have composite or asphalt shingles then you can expect to replace them after 20 years; while the life expectancy of Shake roofing is around 30 years.
Replacement Warning Signs
Replacing a roof can be an expensive project, but it is an important project to complete if your roof is exhibiting the listed warning signs. Depending on the severity of the warning signs we can provide you with a quote of replacement and the level of urgency that should be taken.
- If you notice that shingles are missing from your valleys then you may be at risk for water leaks. Valleys are the pathways that rain and snow travel through to get to your gutters.
- If you see areas of your roof that are missing shingles then you may need someone to make sure the tabs holding the shingles in are intact.
- Shingle material in your gutters. This is a main indicator that your roof has reached it life expectancy and needs replacement.
- Sunlight coming through roof boards. If you can see outside through the inside of your roof then you are at a major risk for water damage and should call us immediately.
- Curling Shingles. This is also other warning sign that your roof has reached its limit and needs to be replaced.
If you have noticed any of these issues give our staff members a call today and we can schedule a time to provide you a quote.
Call (703) 591-2830