Window Replacement in Northern Virginia
Do I need Replacement Windows
Metropolitan Contractors can replace any damaged wood or vinyl window frames. Our main lines of replacement windows are Simonton and Lansing, but you can choose another brand if you would like.
The most common question we are asked here at Metropolitan Contractors is how you know when to replace home windows. Replacement windows can be a large investment and it is important to know that you need replacement windows. Here are a few questions to ask yourself before investing in replacement windows.
- Is there any physical damage to the window glass or window frame?
- Is my home extremely hot in the summer or cold in the winter months?
- Have you noticed an increase in your monthly energy costs?
- Do you notice a change in temperature when you walk by your windows?
- Is the window glass icing over, fogging up, or rattling in high winds?
- Is it difficult to open or close your windows?
- Have you found a large amount of color fading of your flooring, furniture, or curtain fabrics?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then you may want to invest in replacing your home windows. Another rule of thumb for home replacement windows is every ten to twenty years. It all depends on the type of windows you have in your home and your regional climate.
Replacement Window Cost
The cost of replacement windows depends on the replacement window cost, replacement window labor, replacement window job materials, and supplies. A very rough estimate of replacing one window in your home could range from $300 to $500. The best option for estimating the cost of replacement would be for a Metropolitan Contractor representative to view your home windows and provide an estimate.