Transform Your Bathroom Into An Elegant Spa with Metropolitan Contractors
We need places in our lives where we can relax our minds, refresh our bodies, and enliven our spirits from the hustle and bustle of life. Our home is one such oasis, and within our homes, the bathroom is where we go when we need to freshen up and rejuvenate. Thus, more and more homeowners are beginning to understand that bathrooms can be more than just functional wash rooms. An elegant, spa-like bath can be a source of both inspiration and relaxation, a conversation starter among friends, and an excellent investment to boot. Don’t settle for just another room with a sink. Convert your bathroom into the chic spa design of your dreams, and increase your home’s overall value in the process.
Style and sophistication comes with a price, and high quality bathroom renovations are no exception. The process of hitting refresh on your bath is multifaceted, complicated, and costly, and you want to ensure you get the most bang for your buck. That’s why it’s wise to hire experienced remodeling professionals, like Metropolitan Contractors, to help you complete the project with grace, promptness and skill. Our team is well-trained and always ready to help you with your bathroom remodeling project in Fairfax County, Virginia. We expertly execute projects both large and small, and we have the time-tested experience (32+ years) and necessary skills for any job. When you work with Metropolitan Contractors, you achieve the results you want, the first time, every time.
Why Are You Remodeling Your Bathroom?
It is important to know why you are remodeling your bathroom before you begin the project. Are you focused on increased functionality, reduced costs, and improved safety, or is the endeavor primarily aesthetic? Perhaps it is not just a single motivating factor driving the project, but a combination of several. Why not seal multiple tiles with a single grout, as they say. Having a clear idea of “why” is critical to ensuring the successful completion of “what” you are aiming to accomplish. Common motivators for a bathroom remodel include:
- Boost the Value of Your Home. According to Zillow, mid-range bathroom remodels typically result in a $1.71 increase in home value for every dollar spent, particularly in older homes. Updating your bathroom with current trends and a sleek, modern look can make your home stand out in the crowded real estate market, and increase your home’s overall value by an average of nearly 4%.
- Increase Safety. Bathrooms are slippery and can be dangerous. Adding a walk-in tub, walk-in shower, grab bars, and hands-free faucets to your remodel can help prevent injury. These types of safety-focused improvements appeal to and help elderly homeowners, and thus are a great long-term investment.
- Lower Utility Costs and Water Usage. Water-saving toilets, showerheads, and faucets can help homeowners significantly reduce water use, which leads to noticeably lower utility costs. Not only is that a plus for your pocketbook, it’s a plus for the environment as a whole.
- Increase Functionality. If your bathroom isn’t actually working for you and your family the way you want it to, that’s a problem that needs to be addressed. Oftentimes older bathrooms begin to feel cramped, cracked and cluttered. Through a clever renovation of your bathroom, you can maximize the feel of the room and make the most of the space you have. There are a lot of cost-effective and simple tweaks you can do to make the most of small bathrooms, and to reclaim nonfunctional spaces. It’s an important room in your house, and it should be meeting all your needs, in style.
- Revamp an Outdated Style. Your bathroom should be a room you actually enjoy spending time in. If the space no longer reflects your personal style, or could use an infusion of sleek modern touches, then an aesthetically-driven remodeling project may be in order.
How Exactly Do I Go About Turning My Bathroom Into a Spa?
I hear you. You want to increase functionality and save water, sure. But what is really driving your desire for a bathroom remodel is that last trip you took to Fiji, and the luxury spa from that one resort you can’t seem to get out of your mind. Is it really possible to turn your own humble washroom into such an oasis of relaxation, inspiration and calm? Yes! Read on for some ideas on how to transform your plain old bathroom into an exquisite and stylish spa.
- Incorporate Shelving. Shelving is a small space dweller’s best friend, especially when it comes to the organizational challenge that is a small bathroom. Install a few tiers of open-shelving on your walls, add a few baskets for towels, fancy soaps, and a decorative accent or two and voila! Instant spa retreat.
- Integrate Natural Accents Such As Wood and Stone. Bringing a touch of nature into the bath space will instantly evoke spa-like elegance. For a scandi-style effect, utilize classic hardwoods such as oak, maple or walnut for shelving and finishing. If real wood is too difficult or pricy to attain, or is not an option in your particular case, consider wood-effect porcelain tiles, which even come complete with their own textured surface and finish.
Natural stone is easy to work into your plans and contributes a feeling of calm, relaxation and clarity. Creative use of stones in your design imbue a brilliant mix of natural simplicity and sophisticated luxury.
- Place Your Tub By A Window. Nothing inspires a sense of calm and rejuvenation like natural light. The simple act of placing your tub by a window cultivates this effect, with an added bonus being that you’ll be able to grow plants in your bathroom as well. Plants thrive surprisingly well in the humid conditions of the bathroom, especially with some natural light coming in.
- Consider a Freestanding Tub. One easy way to inject some serious spa vibes into your bathroom is to go with a sleek, stylish freestanding bath. There are many styles and options to choose from, and the addition instantly adds pizazz and class to your bathroom, transforming it into a luxury retreat.
Budget Considerations and Return on Investment
According to a 2022 State of Remodeling in the U.S. survey, bathrooms are the most popular home renovation project. One likely reason for the popularity of bathroom remodels is that the rate of return on investment remains consistent and high. This means that no matter where you call home, a bathroom remodel could be a solid investment.
Before you really start nailing down the details of your bathroom remodel, you should have a clear idea of what you’re prepared to spend, and what costs you expect to recoup. Here are some key facts about the Return on Investment for Bathroom Remodels:
- Mid-range bathroom remodeling projects have an average ROI rate of 70%, while upscale renovations have an average ROI of 60%.
- Of the 71% of American homeowners who completed home renovations in 2021, 45% reported renovating their bathrooms.
- A bathroom remodel can up your home’s value by 3%. Minor renovations yield an approximate $1.70 increase in your home’s value for every dollar you spend on the project.
- Nationally, an average bathroom remodel cost $26,574 in 2022 and can expect a return on investment of 60.22%.
- 93% of homeowners reported a better quality of life after a home renovation.
At Metropolitan Contractors, We Renovate Restrooms To Resemble Your Favorite Spa
If you desire a smooth and successful renovation that offers tremendous value for your investment, our bathroom remodeling service here at Metropolitan Contractors is all you need to get it done. We happily handle anything from minor tweaks to major changes. It all depends on you, your preferences and your ultimate goal. Our specialists are expertly trained to handle anything the job might need: installing new plumbing fixtures, upgrading existing features, making repairs, and removing any obstacles that are in the way. We can even add new tiles to the floor and the walls. If you decide to have your restroom remodeled, get in touch with us.
Metropolitan Contractors is the reliable remodeling contractor you can count on to handle your bathroom project. Are you planning to renovate your bathroom in northern Virginia? Then don’t hesitate. Let us help you! Give Metropolitan Contractors a call today, so we can begin the process of turning your bathroom into the spa of your dreams.
Trust Our Top-Tier Assistance
Bathroom renovations can be a challenging project for a homeowner to complete, but it is just another beautiful day here at Metropolitan Contractors. We have remodeled thousands of homes and transformed just as many bathrooms. Bathroom renovations are multifaceted and tricky. Because of the complexity and risks of bathroom renovations, it pays to hire expert remodelers like our team at Metropolitan Contractors.
Our specialists are equipped with the experience, know-how and training to handle even the most complicated remodeling tasks. We know how to install new plumbing fixtures, replace lighting, upgrade existing features, and remove outdated parts. Our team always does it right the first time, and can make all the nuanced changes you desire for your bathroom without causing any damage to the underlying structure.
Why Choose Metropolitan Contractors for Your Remodel?
Beginning in 1991 as a Class A Licensed and Insured General Contractor in Northern Virginia, we had initially focused primarily on custom home renovations (interior and exterior), room additions, and common areas. We have the necessary certifications and real-world experience to successfully estimate, design and build beautiful and functional dream kitchens.
We’ve taken our 32+ years of custom kitchen remodeling expertise to homeowners with the most complete home restoration experience Northern Virginia has to offer. Taking our years of experience and processes as a custom remodeler/builder, and applying these same standards to repairing homes damaged by Fire, Water or Storms, we have been able to offer that same “custom touch” approach and excellence standards to repairing or rebuilding homes covered by an insurance policy. There are clear differences between the two remodeling modalities, but understanding the reality of the process, and utilizing insights we have gleaned over the years, can provide unique opportunities to clients that might otherwise have been overlooked.
Why Choose Metropolitan Contractors for Your Remodel?
Restoring or remodeling your home quickly and efficiently is important, but it is just as important that the repairs are done correctly. This is why we take the time to listen to and truly hear our clients, and to fully understand their repair and remodeling expectations. We will discuss each step of the process and collaborate with you to make sure that your repairs and remodeling exceed all of your expectations.
Creating a clearly defined plan upfront is probably the most important step. Whether we are producing new architectural plans, working from existing ones, or merely creating a rough draft upfront, we work to ensure that all stakeholders involved are on the same page. We have worked hard to build a reputation of providing the highest quality services, and we pride ourselves on building lasting relationships with our customers.
Here at Metropolitan Contractors, we also provide smaller damage repairs or improvements for commercial and residential buildings such as replacement windows, siding, roofing, moving walls, flooring, & the best water damage restoration services in Centreville, Fairfax, and all across Northern VA.
All restoration and remodeling projects are conducted by experienced and time-tested professionals. If the repairs or replacement work to be performed is part of an insurance claim, we have years of experience in negotiating the scope of work and associated costs with your insurance adjuster.* We, however, represent you as the Owner and our primary responsibility.
We understand that serious damage repairs can’t wait, which is why we provide 24-hour emergency services to help our customers start the rebuilding process as quickly as possible. When fire or water damage restoration is needed, it’s important to act quickly to avoid further problems.
Serving Northern Virginia Since 1991
Metropolitan Contractors is located at 3909 Railroad Avenue, Fairfax, Virginia. For over 32 years, our company has grown and expanded our services to serve Northern Virginia’s homeowner needs in an ever-changing and ever-expanding market.
We Offer Services In:
Alexandria, Arlington, Centreville, Dulles, Fairfax, Manassas, Reston, Sterling, Vienna, and surrounding areas in Northern Virginia.
Metropolitan Contractors have repaired or rebuilt over one thousand homes over the past three decades, and we are proud of our friendly and experienced team of expert remodelers.